Shop this look, CLICK ‘Steph Playsuit’ and use code SVIP20 for 20% off all https://ravendoll.com
It’s 2017 and we are more focused than ever when it comes to investing. Investing into our bodies, appearance and health. We invest in everything that makes us look good from the outside…but what about our inside?
When someone say’s ‘invest’, the last thing you think about is investing in your MIND and because of this, we so often find ourselves somewhere down the track falling into a mental overdrive. Which, if we aren’t careful can cause us to go into some serious downward spiralling.
What does it mean to Invest in your mind? It means to grow it, nurture it and relax it. Just like you would with your health and body.
When it comes to our health and bodies, we grow it and shape it to the way we desire to look, we nurture it with whole foods and green juices and we relax it with sunray’s on the beach, massages and long lucious holidays.
But how do we invest in our minds?
We grow it and shape it:
- Read – We grow it with knowledge by reading, books, the news, articles, quotes. Wether it’s a 1 minute read or a 1 week read, each one counts.
- Look around – Switching your mind on is just as important to switch it off. Start to be more aware of your surroundings, look where you are, look who your with, look at the buildings, read the street signs, just LOOK! You will be surprised at how much you learn just by looking.
- Step out of your comfort zone – “Your brain needs novelty to grow”. How do we grow our brain if we don’t challenge it? Stepping outside of your comfort zone is one of the greatest challenges we can overcome. For example, when you invest into your fitness, its always intimidating when your weak and have to face the weights but we do it… and our strength grows from it because we pushed ourselves.If you are afraid of heights, go climb a cliff. Challenge yourself to grow yourself!
We nurture it and relax it:
- Create – There are so many things we can create. Being creative comes in all shapes and forms, you don’t need to be Picassio to be creative. Getting in touch with your inner creative increases and renews brain function. It is a natural remedy for switching you brain off and challenging it at the same time without even realising it. Thinks such as baking, painting, playing an instrument, cooking – There is so much effortless creativity to be discovered if you haven’t already.
- Get up and get out – This is so important as we are creatures of habit, it is important to surround ourselves with new/different places. If you are stuck in an office 5 days a week, go sit in the park and eat or go somewhere different. If you find yourself at home every weekend, try going for a drive or across the bridge (or wherever is different to your local scene). It is important to break reppatition to keep our minds excited.
- Time out – This one I learnt the hard way! I would so often push myself too far which as I mentioned above, can send you into a downward spiral. I never knew when enough was enough and its a fine line between pushing yourself and crossing the line. When your mind is telling you to relax, do it! – Putting all forms of social media/electronics away for an hour or more if you can. My favourite remedy is to take a long bath, turn off the lights, light some candles and soak in some bath salts. For me, it has always recharged my mind and is now my go to time out space.
So have you found yourself guilty of not doing the above? Perhaps it’s time to Detox your mind and recharge it. One step at a time and before you know it, these will be your new favourite habits.